Happy New Year! 2019 provided us with a plethora of topics to discuss with you, focusing on the increasing importance of tying conservation to mission; new trends in raising revenue—including public funding; the hot topic of animal welfare; and global learnings from within and outside our industry that translate locally.
Read below to learn what specific topics resonated most with our readers and feel free to take a minute to read any posts you may have missed throughout the year. In addition, we’d love to hear what you’d like to learn more about in 2020—use the comments field at the end of this post to share your thoughts with us. We look forward to continuing to deliver valuable content to help you further your mission!
Click on the titles below to read the Top Blog Posts of 2019:
2. The Challenges of Assessing Animal Welfare
3. We Need to Be Doing More: A Call to Action After NYT’s ‘The Swazi 17’ Story
4. Animal Welfare: An Organizational Priority
5. 5 Lessons from a Failure: What the Thomas Cook Bankruptcy Can Teach Zoo & Aquarium Leaders
6. AZA Mid-Year Takeaway–“I’m Sorry I Didn’t Know About You.”
7. Global Conservation Issues Impact Your Institution: WAZA2019 Takeaways
8. Today’s Conservation Challenges Require Proven Expertise
9. The State of the Zoo & Aquarium Profession—Five Quotes from Those Who Know
10. A Nerve-Wracking Journey with a Game-Changing Payoff: Seeking Public Funding Support